> I still don't know how to implement it this way, with ambiguous URIs. Once
> we read the metadata from "blah.html", and notice the
> MapFile=SSK@blah/blah, how do we remember to use it (and not the normal
> SSK) when the next request comes in from a link or image on that page?

You have to cache the map file, of course. And of course you need a mask
for when to use the map file. So you could have the following:
KSK@blah/ -> an index page with MapFile=blah.map, Mask=blah/
At which point blah/images/duck.gif is mapped to the entry
images/duck.gif. The requirement of course is that you start at
KSK@blah/. Perhaps that's what people are complaining about.

> > > work. Date-based enumeration would require setting aside a portion of the
> > > subspace for maps ("/maps/YYYY-MM-DD"). It's a neat short-term hack, but
> > > when we have real updating we're going to have lots of sites updating
> > > hourly, or every 10 minutes, or whatever.
> >
> > No, the enumeration of map files doesn't have to be related to the
> > subspace that you're mapping to at all.
>
> Another subspace? Why bother with another subspace just for map files.

I'm just taking issue with your use of the word "require".