On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Gianni Johansson wrote:

> On Sunday 31 December 2000 08:43, Mark Roberts wrote:
> > You can now configure a list of allowed hosts for FProxy (or any other
> > servlet). Simply add (for example)
> >
> >     services.fproxy.allowedhosts=127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.2
> >
> > to your .freenetrc. If you don't, it will assume
> >
> >     services.fproxy.allowedhosts=all
> >
> > and you don't want that.
>
> This seems like too promiscuous a default value. Shouldn't the default be
> 127.0.0.1 instead?

Setup.java and sample.freenetrc default to 127.0.0.1. I didn't want to
confuse anyone.

> > Also! RequestClient and SimplifiedClient now support MSKs, courtesy of
> > ClientUtil.getKey, which now optionally takes a Params object so it can do
> > its dirty work. So I made params a class variable in both clients so I
> > could pass it to getKey in fillBuckets. That's it.
> >
> > A quick course in MSKs:
> >
> > A mapfile looks like this:
> >
> > Mapfile
> > index.html=freenet:CHK@fowFfU8dvfqb0EvFyzsFCDGV3doOAwE,LU849SDBHaJ9~-1O7H04
> >Pw 01.png=freenet:CHK@a95j53a9V15HOjegZuoSlWKDEFYMAwE,0d7o5YppXsK-QABUVdc3LA
> > 02.png=freenet:CHK@rK6V6nyMuunSsUW14pX3ogHMb8kNAwE,zpcsEIJcSEyiBh8ckkjUOA
>
> Are pseudo subdirectories allowed?
>
> e.g.
> images/02.png=freenet:CHK@rK6V6nyMuunSsUW14pX3ogHMb8kNAwE,zpcsEIJcSEyiBh8ckkjUOA
>
> That would make inserting existing WWW sites easier.

Of course they are. Now all we gotta do is update freenetmirror to insert
them under date-based redirects, and we'll have easy, guessable, updated
MSKs. I don't know if Mr. Bad's working on this right now or if he wants
Benjamin and/or me to do it. Bad?

The plugin situation is annoying. Randomizing the FProxy port is trivial,
but we're going to have to modify the installers to configure the browser
plugins (well, at least mine - what's up with the IE one?) with the random
port. That'll be interesting.

--
Mark Roberts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]