Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I replaced our patched Cistron with FreeRADIUS.  The FreeRADIUS
> server proxies a few realms to a Cistron on another machine.
>
> Just after the upgrade, Cistron is complaining loudly in
> radius.log.  For any request that came to it from the FreeRADIUS
> server, it shows either 'Accounting: login ... wrong order' or
> 'Accounting: logout: ... wrong ID'.

  FreeRADIUS only proxies the requests it gets from the NAS.  The
default configuration doesn't edit or modify proxied accounting
packets.

  So if Cistron doesn't like the proxied accounting packets, blame the
NAS, not FreeRADIUS.

> Worse, FreeRADIUS seems unable to auth from Cistron.

  Define 'unable'.  If you run both in debugging mode, there should be
LOTS of messages telling you what's going on, and what the problems
are.

  There may even be messages telling you how to fix the problem.

> The old (main) Cistron box is also running and the NAS'es have
> them as their secondary.  FreeRADIUS times out after a lot of
> retries, then the NAS'es make the request to the older Cistron,
> so I'm not dead yet!
>
> Is anyone on the list proxying to Cistron?

  I'm not.  But I don't see why there should be any problem.

> Before anyone asks, shared secrets are correct.

  <g> OK.

  My solution (as always) is to run both servers in debugging mode.
You will probably get enough information from that to solve the problem.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html