We are accomplishing this by using start/stop packets..  ie, on start log
timestamp, on stop calculate total time they were on and add it to
database.. then on auth, look at total time, and calculate session-timeout
by the remaining seconds left in the allotted block.

works relatively well, except for the rare occurance where a start or stop
packet doesn't make it to the radius server.