On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:48:32PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Has anyone had luck getting Freeradius to send it's logs to a remote server?
>
>I would like to have all of my radius servers logging to a single
>source to make it easier to parse the logs. I have tried to run
>'radiusd -l syslog -g local5' and then have the local syslog redirect
>the logs to a different server, but the logdir entries in the
>radiusd.conf file seem to override the flags.
>
>Any thoughts?

I've thought about this quite a bit, particularly WRT to having secondary
radius servers that pick up when the primary's down.  The biggest problem
I've found is that when I would want to use the forwarding, the proper
server wouldn't be working.  A robust solution needs to deal with cases
where the main server's not working.

My solution is to have the primary accounting server run the log rolling
commands on the secondary servers using ssh, then parse their backup logs
along with the primary server's logs with a perl script that sorts them
into time order.

Bill

``Anyone who thinks Microsoft never does anything truly innovative isn't
paying attention to the part of the company that pushes the state of
its art: Microsoft's legal department.''
   --Ed Foster, InfoWorld Gripe Line columnist

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html