>> I must be missing something simple but I can't see what it is.

>   Add 'files' to 'authorize'  It's in the default config.  Why did you
> delete it?

I didn't. It was commented out by default. Uncommenting it fixed everything and
all works perfectly now (knock wood). Obvious when you know, but it was
pretty well hidden. I was looking in the modules and looking for
something that denoted "chap"- not "files". After knowing it, reading
through the radiusd.conf makes it pretty plain how to do what I
wanted, but I had no idea to even look there. I read through it and
didn't "see" it.

Thanks for all your help-

'Shot

-