> Darkshot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> In short, I'm using CHAP on Max 4K and 6K boxes and in trying to get
>> freeradius to work, I get the:
>>
>> Auth: rlm_unix: Attribute "Password" is required for authentication.
>> Cannot use "CHAP-Password".

>   You can't use CHAP on /etc/passwd.  See the FAQ.

I'm not trying to. I want to use the "users" file.

>> I see in the radiusd.conf that a module is needed, but it looks as if
>> it must be created from scratch-

>   No.  Read the FAQ.

Well, the error I get from radiusd -X says:

auth: No Auth-Type configuration for the request, rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.

>> Received Access-Reject packet from 127.0.0.1 with invalid signature!

>   Your shared secret is wrong.  Fix it.

Actually, that was because I hadn't added the 127.0.0.1 to my clients
file, though it was in clients.conf. Adding it fixed that problem.

Any info is appreciated- maybe I'm using the wrong dictionary.....

'Shot

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html