"Roy Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - The ChangeLog should have an indication of what the current
> release versions are and indicate when the releases were made so as
> not to confuse users.

  It does have a version number, but no date.  One will be added for 0.5.

> - The ChangeLog should probably enumerate bugfixes instead of one generic
> statement time (This would work best if there was a bug tracking system for
> which short bugfix statements can map to a bug management system ID)

  The change log should be a short summary.  Where bugs have been
fixed, they are usually noted.

> - It is likely time for a bug management system

  There was one, but it went offline.

> - The CVS tags for specific release or pre-release versions should
> be published on the CVS instructions page.

  <shrug> 'cvs log' is good enough for people who really care about
specific versions.  For specific releases, the tarballs are available.

> - The included example config file doesn't enumerate ALL of the options
> available for each module.

  Yes, that's mostly because options were added, and the config file
wasn't updated.

  As always, patches are welcome.

> ... I think this extends to all config parameters.  Config
> parameters should generate errors at startup when an unsupported
> parameter is set.

  That's up to the individual modules.  Many do, some don't.

  As always, patches are welcome.

> Unimportant to actual usability of FreeRadius, but notable nontheless:
> There is no significant speed advantage to going direct to the
> password databases for FreeBSD, as the system getpw* functions
> directly access the appropriate files.  getsp* do not exist.
> Instead getpw*() check the euid and if the euid is 0, fill the
> pw_passwd field.  This does mean to support FreeBSD using the system
> password database, radiusd must run as root.

  0.5 defaults to running as 'root.root', due to the large number of
problems people had with the previous default of 'nobody.nobody'

>  - The logic for deciding when to look at the shadow file is quirky
> and doesn't always do as expected- I suggest a new config option
> that lets you set the shadow password mode to one of always, never,
> and auto.

  <shrug> Sure, got patches?

> and finally:
> -0.4 is a LOT more stable than 0.3, but even quirkier

  Quirkier?  How so?

  The upcoming 0.5 should be much more stable then 0.4, and much less
quirky. :)

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html