"Roy Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To take this idea even further, one could make all authentication (or
> accounting) modules also be subprocesses, allowing a blocking, dying, or
> otherwise uncooperative module to continue to be used without crashing the core
> radius daemon.

  See 'openradius', on the 'related projects' page.  It does exactly
that.  It was started after FreeRADIUS, and doesn't have as
wide-spread use.

  My opinion is that for the majority of what people do, a hard-coded
(C) server is the simplest, fastest, and has as much configuration as
people need.  I'll have to look at the details of openradius, but
there's no reason why it's ideas couldn't also be applied to this
project.

  The best of both worlds is almost always a good idea.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html