> PAM itself doesn't care about local vs. non-local accounts.
> If you're
> having trouble with this, you almost certainly have a module
> in your PAM
> config which you shouldn't -- such as pam_unix, which by definition
> requires local accounts and will give you a failure for anything else.
>
> Someone on the list may be able to pinpoint the exact trouble if you
> dump us your PAM config for freeradius.

I did in a previous post, but here it is again for convenience:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_krb5.so
account         required        /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_permit.so

I also tried the following:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_krb5.so

And...

#%PAM-1.0
auth            sufficient      /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_krb5.so
auth            required        /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_unix.so

(Which allowed logins from anyone using either his/her Kerberos password
or his/her local Unix password.)

In all three cases, users are only allowed to login if they have local
accounts.  Also, note that in all three cases, what is shown above is
the *complete* pam.d/radiusd file.  I have not removed "irrelevant"
lines from the file.  If I need a "session" line as well, that's fine,
but I'd love to know why PAM thinks so...

--J

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html