well,

When using Cistron radius , the directories are created by the radius for
accounting under /var/log/radacct
were named by the IP of the NAS or it's backresolve ptr. once I configured
the naslist file, the directories
names were to be created as the description of the NAS on that file.

Since I collect all logs once a day into a single file which then uploaded
into database, all directories
are deleted , and the radius recreates them when login accurse. (that is the
reason a link is not a good
solution for me, also the naslist IS generated from a database which could
be changed too).

In order to debug on the particular day (before logs are moved) it would be
easier to get the NAS name
instead of it's IP (since I have over 150 NASs).

(let me know if you need more information ...)

thanks :)

regards
Zohar Ram
Development & Networking