hello Troy!

see comments inline, please

Troy Davis wrote:

> Are you saying if I uncommented both udp addresses in /etc/services then
> radius is able to listen on both ports, I would have thought I would have

huh? what makes you think that? i've never ever mentioned this
particular file. what i was saying is, that you could copy the data from
one udp-socket (i.e. ip+port) to another, namely with the help of the
mentioned simple program.

you said that your device (portmaster 2E) supposes the radius-server to
be on port x which can't be reconfigured. if i understand well, your
radius server runs at port y (with x != y). i proposed to you - as one
possible solution - to copy the packets sent by the portmaster to the
port x to the port y and vice versa. the ip can certainly be configured
in this portmaster device, and the program which will copy the packets
can be started wherever you want.

basically it would work e.g. like this:

                src:srcport                     proxy:srcport
                proxy:x (fix!)                  radius:y
portmaster ---------------------> proxy ------------------------>
radius-server

where proxy is the address of the machine which proxy runs at. it _can_
be the radius-server itself. the proxy will of course do the vice versa
in the opposite direction.

the advantage of this setup is that you don't need to touch your running
radius server nor to install another one. if you want to re-send the
accounting packets you would start two instances of qudproxy, the second
one working on x+1, y+1 ports.

there is NO setup at all for the qudproxy program, you just have to
start it, possibly in a while ( true; ) loop to avoid problems.

regards,

artur

--
Artur Hecker                                 Groupe Accès et Mobilité
hecker[at]enst.fr                 Département Informatique et Réseaux