[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>11.2 is really really old, wow.  That predates even the 11.3 docs, which
>was about the first release that was marginally functional for a NAS.

Well, our 3640's have actually been like tanks for several years - reliable
and solid. They only do basic Modem and ISDN dial-up (using channelised PRI
cards and digital modem modules) so upgrading them hasn't been in the
forefront of my mind! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Still, time moves
and needs must, etc...

>11.3 and later ( 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 ) all have the command:
>
>    aaa accounting delay-start
>
>which causes the nas to wait until it has an IP assigned.

Yep, this is where I'm thinking I should be - waiting to get the IP into
the initial packet.

>I would highly recommend updating to a more recent IOS.

Yep, as noted I'm now going to do that anyway (but it means a late-night
trip to co-lo... dull...). 12.1 here we come... ;-)

>You may need to modify/update your 'sql.conf', so that the username is
>pulled correctly from the packet.  See the part where it discusess the
>options you can use to set what values ( and what order it tries ) to
>find the username to use.

Thanks for the info Chris, I'll go do some more digging...

Regards,

Scott Bartlett
BTA Limited, 100 High Street Wandsworth, London SW18 4LA, United Kingdom
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    v: +44 (0)20 8871 4240      f: +44 (0)20 8871 4584

Network Consultancy and Support for Windows 9x/NT and MacOS.
Internet connectivity, solutions, and business services.
http://www.bta.com.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("The intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible.  The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be
the views held by BTA.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html