I looked up Colin Bloch's documentation, and I managed to setup mysql
replication option.  I'm running two identical freeradius 0.6 with mysql
3.23.38 radius database on two separate FreeBSD 4.5 servers, and our ISP is
proxing their radius authentications to our radius servers, so we can have
accounting information, and we can bill to our customers.  I have some
question regarding mysql replication setup since I believe "radacct" table
will not be identical if you are running two separate freeradius servers,
and different clients may be hitting two servers randomly.

I used "binlog-do-db=radius" option on my mysql master to replicate only
radius database, and I also used "replicate-ignore-table=radius.radacct" on
my mysql slave serer to ignore replication on radacct table.  When master
and slave database are not identical, the slave serer replication process
usually failed, so I tried to avoid the situation like this by ignoring
radacct table.
Also, if you want to have a single accounting data to reference for all
radius authentications, running multiple freeradius front end on multiple
servers to point a single mysql backend server?

Does anyone have any tips regarding how to set up mysql replication with
freeradius for redundancy in production environment?

Regards,

Ken

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html