Yep...that was it

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:09, you wrote:
 Try to remove .db suffix from db file reference, because
 some some dbm libraries put it automatically.

 dbm {
             usersfile = ${confdir}/users
 }

 I call it "feature" but no bug :)

 Friday, July 19, 2002, 8:40:17 AM, Martin Shears wrote:

 MS> hmm I just tried -X on running freeradius, disregard my last email
 MS> ---
 MS> rlm_dbm: try open database file:
 MS> /usr/local/freeradius-0.6-cvs-20020719/etc/raddb/users_db
 MS> rlm_dbm: Cannot open database file: No such file or directory
 MS>   modcall[authorize]: module "dbm" returns fail
 MS> ---
 MS> The problem is the file DOES exist, I copy/pasted and did less and got a
 nice MS> binary looking file ~

 MS> the code in rlm_dbm.c

 MS> -----
 MS>         /* open database */
 MS>         if ( ( pdb = dbm_open(inst -> userfile, O_RDONLY, 0600) ) !=
 NULL ) { MS>                 DEBUG("rlm_dbm: Call parse_user:\n");
 MS>                 found = sm_parse_user(pdb, name, request_pairs,
 &check_tmp, MS> &reply_tmp, &ulist);

--
Martin Shears BS(Maths&CompSci)| Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chariot NetConnect             | Web:   http://www.chariot.net.au/

You are reminded that this e-mail and its attachments are subject to
Chariot Internet Limited's legal disclaimer located at
http://www.chariot.net.au/disclaimer.htm. You are encouraged to read
it carefully to be aware of risks involved in electronic
communication.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html