>> It works fine for authentication request/accept and accounting-stop, but
>> my  NAS complains about the accounting-start messages:
>
>   Then it's most likely a problem with the attributes in the
> accounting start packet.
>
>>      WARNING: Identifier does not match - ignoring response
>>      WARNING: Invalid response signature - check secret!
>
>   If the first message is true, then the second is a caused by the
> first.
>
>   You say that the NAS complains about the accounting-start packet,
> but FreeRADIUS never sends one to the NAS, it only sends an
> Accounting-Response packet.  So where does this message come from, and
> when does it happen?

Sorry, my mistake, I meant Accounting-Request.

   This is what Freeradius gets from the NAS:

rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx, id=120,
length=149
        Acct-Delay-Time = 8
        NAS-IP-Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        NAS-Identifier = "xxxxxxxx"
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Acct-Session-Id = "3b7a0001"
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        User-Name = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

   This is what Freeradius proxies to MS IAS:

Sending Accouting-Request of id 22 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx
        Acct-Delay-Time = 8
        NAS-IP-Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        NAS-Identifier = "xxxxxxxx"
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Acct-Session-Id = "3b7a0001"
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        User-Name = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
        Proxy-State = "120"

   Freeradius gets the following back from MS IAS:

rad_recv: Accouting-Response packet from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx, id=22,
length=25
        Proxy-State = 0x313230

   And sends it on to the NAS:

Sending Accouting-Response of id 120 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxxx

   And the NAS generates the error:

        WARNING: Identifier does not match - ignoring response
        WARNING: Invalid response signature - check secret!

Josh Howlett, Networking and Digital Communications Group,
Information Systems & Computing, University of Bristol.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | phone: +44 (0)117 928 7850

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html