Dear 3APA3A,

>> Is  there  any  way  to  retrieve  LDAP-stored  passwords  (i.e. in a
>> W2k-domain     controller)     and     use     them     in    MS-CHAP
>> authentication/authorization?

KK> In general, yes. There is support for LM-Password and NT-Password in
the
KK> ldap.attrmap file, so you should probably be ok. Just make sure they
map to the
KK> correct ldap attributes and read doc/rlm_mschap.

3APA3A> These  attributes  are  for SAMBA LDAP. Win2K AD doesn't store
hashes in
3APA3A> LDAP, at least as lmPassword/ntPassword.

I guess thats the reason why my attempts to use LDAP and MS-CHAP in
combination have failed.
(Believe me, I read the doc-files more than once).
Do you know whether there is a possibility to retrieve the W2k-passwords
via ldap at all?
Or is that another case of MS-special solution?

Regards,

Martin

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html