Dear [EMAIL PROTECTED],

--Wednesday, September 11, 2002, 12:10:02 PM, you wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Mdd> 3APA3A> These  attributes  are  for SAMBA LDAP. Win2K AD doesn't store
Mdd> hashes in
Mdd> 3APA3A> LDAP, at least as lmPassword/ntPassword.

Mdd> I guess thats the reason why my attempts to use LDAP and MS-CHAP in
Mdd> combination have failed.

No,  you  failed  in  something  else.  There  is  no  way  to  retrieve
LM-Password  or NT-Password from Windows 2000 Active Directory via LDAP.
You  can set alternate LDAP server, retrieve passwords from Windows 2000
Domain  Controller  (for  example  via  pwdump2/pwdump3)  and  put these
passwords into your LDAP.

Mdd> (Believe me, I read the doc-files more than once).
Mdd> Do you know whether there is a possibility to retrieve the W2k-passwords
Mdd> via ldap at all?
Mdd> Or is that another case of MS-special solution?

As  you  was  told already (but probably didn't red this answer) you can
use  MS  IAS  (Microsoft implementation of RADIUS) and use FreeRADIUS as
proxy to IAS.

--
~/ZARAZA
Стреляя во второй раз, он искалечил постороннего. Посторонним был я. (Твен)