--On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 10:55 AM -0300 Sheldon Fougere
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I start radiusd in debug mode (radiusd -XX), in the last part of the
> message I get "SMUX register message sned failed: Borken pipe"
>
> When a user trys to authenticate at this point my server goes crazy.  I
> get alot of SMUX messages scrolling by on the screen.  I then hit stop
> radiusd using CTRL-C.
>
> I then do a netstat -a.  The output shows hundreds of entries like
>
> "localhost.localdom:smux localhost.localdom:XXXXX TIME_WAIT"
>
> where XXXXX is a high port number
>
> I did comment out the SNMP INCLUDE line in the /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf.
>
> I don't know where the SMUX is started in the conf file or what it is for.

There is a file in src/main/ called  smux.c.

IMHO, your communication from your SMUX subagent towards your SNMP
agent is broken. This looks like the SMUX master agent cannot connect
to the subagent and the subagent keeps asking for a new connection.

Hope this helps,

Harrie

PS: SMUX is actually a bit obsolete and needs to
    be replaced by an AgentX approach.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html