At 02:25 PM 9/17/2002 -0500, Ryan Parlee wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am co-branding an ISP's existing infrastructure to create my own ISP.
>They currently use Livingston for their Radius server and I am wanting to
>use FreeRadius.  Is it possible to have authentication pass from their
>Radius server to mine?
>
>My users call in on the same phone number, so the only way to tell them
>apart is by username/password, although, it might also work to have
>different authentication methods (ie. CHAP versus PAP).  Can anyone offer
>suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Depending on the version, yes this is possible.  The auth method is
radius-server agnostic on the proxy-side.  IE, if the NAS can do both
CHAP and PAP, then both should be able to passed to your server.

The one thing to watch for is the version of Livingston Radius.  It
should be version 2.1 for this to work on their side.  Earlier versions
do not support proxy radius.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html