At 01:31 PM 9/20/2002 -0500, Franklin Trumpy wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Brandon Lehmann wrote:
> > The only reason that this would happen is because our proxy server is
> > NOT sending back a Proxy-State [33] attribute. How can I make sure that
> > FreeRadius sends this attr back? If I can't get it to do this, can
> > someone please advise a software package that can do this?
>
>If the Proxy-State attribute is getting lost somewhere, it's most
>likely being stripped off by the VopRADIUS server, which, of course, it
>shouldn't be doing.

Which FreeRADIUS handles very gracefully.  It also handles Merit servers
which decide to mangle attributes.  Any Proxy-State attributes that are
received in a reply from a remote server are discarded by FreeRADIUS.  The
Proxy-State attributes that were sent in the *original* request are
copied into the reply to send back to Qwest.  IE, the server already
handles the case of a remote server stripping or mangling the Proxy-State(s).

Hence the request to run it in debug to see what Qwest is sending, and
what is being sent back to them.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html