Yes, you're dealing with a newbie! LOL

First ever radius server I attempt to setup, and I'm afraid to say it's
quite a tight one as well.  Multiple realms, call-backs, vpns, just about
anything....

I've spend the night so far compiling it, and getting the DB structures in
order to expand a little bit on what is offered, so that I can use one DB
for multiple realms etc etc etc.

Now, from the debug output, it would seem to me that the radius server does
the appropriate queries successfully, and retrieves the account password.

Then, all of a sudden, this pops up...

rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 23
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok
modcall: group authorize returns ok
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
auth: Failed to validate the user.

I swear, I am missing something.... The question is what?  If more info is
needed, please just ask, I'll be happy to provide!

--
me