On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:30:43 +0200
Squire Valakos Yorgos uttered the following:

Hi Yorgos

It's nice to see other SuSE users using freeradius :-)

Regarding the epiration date, I believe this is very easy to do, although I
have not done it myself. I think a quick search through the archives will
give you the answer.

With the sql.conf problem, infact there is a mistake in the file (I am just
about to update the CVS to fix it now). While the file has at the top:
        # If you want both stop and start records logged to the
        # same SQL table, leave this as is.  If you want them in
        # different tables, put the start table in acct_table1
        # and stop table in acct_table2
        acct_table1 = "radacct"
        acct_table2 = "radacct"

it never actually uses the variable "acct_table2" anywhere :-(

What you need to do is find the line near the bottom (of sql.conf) starting
with:

accounting_stop_query = "UPDATE ${acct_table1} SET AcctStop ....

and change to:

accounting_stop_query = "UPDATE ${acct_table2} SET AcctStop ....

Also you need to change:

accounting_stop_query_alt = "INSERT into radacct (RadAcct ....

to:

accounting_stop_query_alt = "INSERT into ${acct_table2} (RadAcct

That should fix that problem :-)

Note: I will have some new SuSE 8.0 rpms for freeradius available as soon
as freeradius 0.8 is released (Any minute/day now) at
http://www.susesecurity.com/files/

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon