Title: EAP-TLS re-keying

Hi,

I have an Orinoco AP-2000 (2.0.2) and a windows XP client SP1.

MPPE-{Send/Recv}-key seems to be successfully interpreted by the
AP-2000, as 3 EAPOL-Key frames are sent to the client. So this scheme is
different than Cisco's scheme that seems to send only one EAPOL-Key
according to Lars Viklund.

Moreover, re-keying seems to work by configuring a short key lifetime on
AP-2000, every time t : 3 new EAPOL-Key frames are sent from AP-2000 to
WinXP client.

What i'm trying to do is : validating that the new WEP key sent by
AP-2000 using EAPOL-Key is really used.

I have several questions / remarks :

* Sending a new WEP key doesn't prove that it is really used on both
client and access point sides. It should be dependent on both hardware
(as WEP ciphering should be done in firmware WLAN card, so WLAN card
drivers must support 802.1X) and software in Windows XP.

* I didn't tested re-keying on Cisco, but if Cisco use MPPE-Send-Key to
have data-link ciphering with WEP (truncating the MPPE-Send key); it is
necessary to have a full re-authentication if we want a real
"re-keying", am i wrong ?

* Do you know any tip to validate that ?
    - By using NDIS hooking ?
    - By any debug mode on AP-2000 ?
    - Any other idea ?

Thank you very much for any help.