Alan wrote:
> Yeah, but you had probably installed and configured software
> before.  There's a certain sub-set of people who expect that
> installing complicated servers should be blindingly obvious, even if
> they've never seen a computer before.

I had never installed nor configured software on a Linux box in my life.  In fact, I
hadn't used Unix for nearly 10 years (and even then I was far from expert) and had
never used Linux.  I bought a second hand PC, bought the Red Hat Linux 7.2 Bible, and
got Linux running.  I downloaded FreeRADIUS and MySQL and configured and installed
both with help from the FreeRADIUS FAQ, the included docs, this mailing list archive
and other sources easily found on the web.

I got FreeRADIUS up and running with very few problems.  All it takes is some reading,
some experimenting and some patience if this is new to you.  If I can do this, anybody
can.

Many thanks to Alan, Chris and so many of the rest of you that contribute to this
project.

Steve Coleman

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html