Background:
I have used cistron radius for several years and recently decided to
implement a new authentication/accounting server. I hope to take
advantage of the new features of freeradius while keeping most of my
custom scripts & reports the same as with the old radius server. I have
installed freeradius 0.8.1 on a new Redhat 7.3 server and it appears to
be authenticating users properly. I am authenticating via unix
passwd/shadow files and have restricted simultaneous use to one. Detail
logging is enabled and I have enabled suffix stripping so that users are
authenticated if they include the @domainname.com to their login
username.

Issues:
* If a user is logged in with their login name (no suffix) and attempts
to login with their login+suffix at the same time, they are
authenticated. This provides them the ability to have 2 simultaneous
connections. Do I have something set wrong in the configuration or is
this by design?

* When I run radwho, the Login column includes the suffix for those
users logged in using their suffix. Is there a way to strip the suffix
from the report so that it is not displayed in the radwho results?

* Is there an easy way to widen the column widths in the radwho report?

* Is there a way to display the NAS shortname in the 'From' column in
the radwho report. The

* Can I change the 'detailfile = .....' line in the radius.conf file to
save to a NAS_shortname directory instead of the Client-IP-Address? If
so, what variable name would I use to reference the NAS_shortname?

Thanks,
D Friend

This message has originated from, or was processed through, one of the
VITALink servers. This message may contain confidential information and
is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Email
processed by this server is subject to monitoring. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html