"Doug Friend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Issues:
> * If a user is logged in with their login name (no suffix) and attempts
> to login with their login+suffix at the same time, they are
> authenticated. This provides them the ability to have 2 simultaneous
> connections. Do I have something set wrong in the configuration or is
> this by design?

  It's certainly not by design.

  There's an undocumented configuration option for the radutmp
module.  Add this in the 'radutmp' section:

  radutmp {
        username = %{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}
  }

  Restart the server, and the suffixes should be stripped.

  The only issue is that Simultaneous-Use may not work properly, due
to the mixup between 'user@domain' and 'users'.

> * When I run radwho, the Login column includes the suffix for those
> users logged in using their suffix. Is there a way to strip the suffix
> from the report so that it is not displayed in the radwho results?

  The above config will do that.

> * Is there a way to display the NAS shortname in the 'From' column in
> the radwho report.

  Not right now.

> * Can I change the 'detailfile = .....' line in the radius.conf file to
> save to a NAS_shortname directory instead of the Client-IP-Address? If
> so, what variable name would I use to reference the NAS_shortname?

  No, sorry.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html