Hello, Andrew.

You wrote at 12.01.2003, :

AP> okay

AP> rlm_chap: Could not find proper Chap-Password attribute in request

AP> Here, it looks like it's attempting to do chap, but that the opposite
AP> end isn't SENDING chap. make sure your authenticate section looks
AP> something like
AP> authenticate {
AP>         authtype CHAP {
AP>                 chap
AP>         }

AP>         chap
AP> }
It is done by default.
AP> keep in mind that i'm using pap here at my site, so i deal with
AP> Crypt-Password md5 hashes. Make sure that the dialup user is DEFINENTLY
AP> using chap.

Yes,  I've  do this already too. For example such packet has been send
with radclient:
User-Name = "test"
Chap-Password = "testing"

Radiusd wrote the next:
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1025, id=162, length=46
        User-Name = "steve"
        CHAP-Password = 0xa293ea0804b2a9fbffa25456449b43d219
rlm_chap: Adding Auth-Type = CHAP
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = 'steve' ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op
  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'steve' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = 'steve' ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op
  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'steve' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
Login incorrect: [steve/<CHAP-Password>] (from client local port 0)
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1025, id=162, length=46
Sending Access-Reject of id 162 to 127.0.0.1:1025

But there is a reckord in mysql database in radcheck table:

ID UserName  Attribute          Op  Value
1  test      Chap-Password      :=  testing

But authentication doesn`t go right! I even don't see the process. But
if  I'm  working  with  unix  passwd  all works good, so I think, that
problem   is   in  working  with  mysql  database.

--
Best regards,
 CEBKA                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]