29-Jan-03 at 12:23, Yurguen Castillo ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> Using Freeradius 0.8.1 and validating users using Sybase driver work fine
> for us; but if for some reason we lost connection to the DB, or the DB
> server is restarted we can't continue validating using the DB until radiusd
> is restarted and new sockets are open again.
>
> Is there any way to do a new connection to the DB (open new sockets) in
> case that the DB is restarted? or check the "connection" before connect to
> DB and open new sockets in case we need it?

Two thoughts:-

You're going to need a watcher script I think. If radius logs that it
lost connection with the db somewhere (I'm sure it does, just don't have
time to check) then you can sniff this out with something like Perl's
File::Tail and then cause it to restart / HUP the radius server.

- or -

Just maybe, there is an argument for some fallback code in the
freeradius source, but somewhere in the back of my mind configurable
failover is your best bet anyway. If the downtime on your DB server is
predictable, you don't have a problem anyway. If not, get Radius to
failover to somewhere else. Instead of me re-reading configurable
failover docs, have a look yourself and come back to the list with
questions.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.