On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:23 pm, Alan DeKok wrote:
> "Yurguen Castillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Using Freeradius 0.8.1 and validating users using Sybase driver work
> > fine for us; but if for some reason we lost connection to the DB,
> > or the DB server is restarted we can't continue validating using the
> > DB until rad= iusd is restarted and new sockets are open again.
> >
> > Is there any way to do a new connection to the DB (open new sockets)
> > in case that the DB is restarted?
>
>   Yes.  Patch the rlm_sql_sybase driver to return SQL_DOWN in the
> appropriate places.  See the rlm_sql_mysql code for examples of
> SQL_DOWN.

Hi Yurguen

Alan has just given you the same answer he gave me when I asked about the same
problem with the Postgresql drivers a few months ago. As a poor C programmer
(ocasional perl hacker, mostly sysadmin) this was not the answer I was
looking for, but as I REALLY needed this feature I dived in and attempted to
figure the driver out. As it turned out, it was relatively simple (It took me
about 6-8 hours all up, most of which was relearning my university C skills).

If you join the freeradius-devel list and have a stab at the code and post
your patches and or questions, you will probably find you get it done pretty
easily.

Maybe you will become the new maintainer of the Sybase driver :-)

Hope that helps.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/