Pp. 110-111 in the RADIUS book (www.theradiusbook.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 4:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Monthly usage limits

Alan DeKok wrote:

>  Huh?  You don't need experimental modules, and you don't need SQL.
>
>  Use the 'counter' module, not 'sqlcounter'.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Ok.  I've put this in the radiusd.conf file.  As far as I can tell this
setup a counter rotating on a monthly basis using the unique key of
username

 counter countermonthly {
                 filename = ${raddbdir}/db.monthly
                 key = User-Name
                 count-attribute = Acct-Session-Time
                 reset = monthly
                 counter-name = RAD-Monthly-Session-Time
                 check-name = RAD-Max-Monthly-Session-Time
                 allowed-servicetype = Framed-User
                 cache-size = 5000
        }

I created the db.monthly file and in the users file I have

grunky User-Password == "randompassword"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 1800,
        Ascend-Maximum-Time = 43200,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
        Acct-Session-Time = 60,
        Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1

I tried to add the values

RAD-Monthly-Session-Time = 60,
RAD-Max-Monthly-Session-Time = 60,

But upon restart radius said that these where invalid counters.  I was
thinking that these would limit my connection time to just 60 seconds a
month.  However this proved unsucessful.

Also, in radiusd.conf under accounting I thought I'd put
'countermonthly'.  Upon restart radiusd died saying it couldn't find the

rlm_counter module.

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html