Hello:

I'm trying to compile Freeradius v0.8.1 on a FreeBSD v3.4 system and its
failing during the configure phase on the sem_init library functions.
The specific error is:

checking for library containing sem_init... no
configure: error: -lsem not found.  You may want to download it from
ftp://ftp.to.gd-es.com/pub/BSDI/libsem.tar.bz2 or
ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/contrib/libsem.tar.gz

I grabbed the ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/contrib/libsem.tar.gz
tar file, extracted, compiled and installed the library as
/usr/local/lib/libsem.a.  But when I run configure again it fails at the
same spot.  But when I run this same configuration on a FreeBSD v4.0
system everything compiles just fine.  The problem is the FreeBSD v4.0
is not yet in production and won't be for some time to come and I to
configure freeradius to accommodate the non-stripping of the realms from
my upsteam provider StarNet.

Any suggestions on how I can get this to compile on my FreeBSD v3.4 box?

Thanks,
Mark

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html