On 04-Feb-2003 at 16:30:36 Alan DeKok wrote:
> John Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> By stopping radius on one server I can see (using radiusd -xx) that the
>> users are being authenticated on the other server and that a reply is
>> being sent back. However on the local server the log file is showing
>>
>>   Feb  4 18:42:51 fred pppd[1784]: rc_send_server: no reply from RADIUS
>>   server localhost:1812
>>   Feb  4 18:42:51 fred pppd[1784]: rc_check_reply: received invalid
>>   reply digest from RADIUS server
>
>   Your shared secret is wrong.  There really isn't much else.

Doh!! Silly me :-)

The pppd radius plugin has a 'servers' file which specifies which radius
servers, and their shared secret, to contact. Freeradius has the
'clients.conf' file to specify who can contact the local server and the
secret to be used. I was mis-reading the clients.conf file as a sort of
servers file and hence had the wrong secrets for the wrong servers (they
were all the wrong way round).

Easy to fix; silly mistake; very happy its all working now and I can relax
over the weekend :-)

Thanks,

John.