Hi.

I am seeing an issue with freeradius 0.8.1 on Red Hat 8.0 where RADIUS
interface they are made to. I couldn't see anything in the doc so
hopefully someone on this list can help.

In more detail:

* my RADIUS server has a real interface on IP X.X.X.X and a virtual
interface on IP Y.Y.Y.Y
* both interfaces are on the same subnet
* the software is freeradius 0.8.1 compiled on Red Hat 8.0
* it is configured with "bind_address = *" to listen on both interfaces
* when RADIUS requests are made to IP X.X.X.X, the responses come back
from IP X.X.X.X
* however when requests are made to IP Y.Y.Y.Y, the responses still come
back from IP X.X.X.X
* hence they are dropped by firewall as unestablished outgoing
connections
* UDP responses on virtual interfaces do work with this kernel as ISC
bind is able to respond to DNS UDP requests on the same IP as the
connection is made to

Am I doing something wrong in the config or is this a bug?

Thanks for any help on this,

Paul

Paul Jenner
ioko365 Ltd.