Josh Howlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Assume that there was a mechanism to send the cookie generated by
> mod_auth_radius to the remote RADIUS server where it could be stored
> (for the lifetime of the cookie).

  That would probably not be a good idea, mostly due to increased
load on the RADIUS server.

> Assume also that there existed an "rlm_cookie" authentication module on
> that remote RADIUS server that allows the RADIUS server to authenticate
> a user on the basis of a cookie.
>
> In this hypothetical case, would it be feasible for a user to present
> the same cookie to a different WWW server, which could then attempt to
> authenticate the user by passing the cookie to the remote RADIUS
> server?  (ie. thereby avoiding the need for the user to present his
> credentials again - the idea being to enable single sign-on).
>
> Is this idea crack-pot or simply brain-dead?

  It's a hack, but I see reason why it wouldn't work.

  You would want to be careful creating the cookie.  See the current
'mod_auth_radius' code for it's method.  You want the cookie to be
signed (somehow), to contain a timestamp for expiry, some users
credentials (IP, name etc), to minimize the potential for someone to
snoop the cookie and use it themselves.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html