On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:19:48PM +0200, Kostas Kalevras wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > In the past three months or so since we've used FreeRadius we found
> > > out that our IP-Pool is running out of free addresses. Most likely
> > > because of the way we get packets in combination with the way our
> > > dialin-service is handled.
> >
> > There was a problem in versions older than 1.12 (cvs revision) of the ippool
> > module.
> > The module will free an ip address when it receives an accounting-stop
> > for an active nas/port combination or an access-request for the same
> > combination. So normally it should not run out of ip addresses.
>
> I'm running 0.8.1, but it's still in there.
> Maybe it's semothing weird with our setup, we get all accounting
> packets double: one from the NAS, one from the Accounting server
> and the stop-packets don't have the right NAS-IPaddress in the
> packet. What a mess....

Well the ippool module relies on the NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port attributes
being correct. It seems quite strange though that the NAS-IP-Address is
incorrect.

> Anyway, I'm using the ippooltool to keep us up and running :-)
>
> Edwin
> --
> Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |    Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/weblog.php

Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Work Phone:             +30 210 7721861