On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 08:24:06AM -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:

> >     I need to add a realm to all user without it.
>   Why?

I have the same need here: I received calls access-requests and
accounting requests without User-Name nor User-Pasword that I proxify to
a 'home' server. I want to have a detail file matching something like:
<Realm>-<Date>.log and the only way I found was to force the User-Name
variable on the proxy just before sending requests to the Home with
something like <Calling-Station-Id>@<Realm>. Or is there a way to have a
different log file depending on parameters (like Realm,
Called-Station-Id, etc.) on the same accounting server ?

I explained the setup on a previous message on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:07:17
+0100 with subject "Re: attr_rewrite conditional?"
(http://lists.cistron.nl/archives/freeradius-users/2003/03/frm00498.html).

And I'm afraid that setup is unreliable about new freeradius versions...

This is an example of why modifying the request before proxying may be
helpfull (all that because today working platform we want to replace
with freeradius runs with cisco and tacacs don't ask neither username
nor password on cell phones and there is no way to ask all the clients
to add a username on their phone configuration).

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html