On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 10:25, Zhou Ping wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems when implementing the TTLS module. According to the draft, the
> client does not need to have a certificate to authenticate itself, which leads to
> phase 2 of the protocol. If the client has a proper certificate, then mutual
> authentication is achieved and there is no need for phase 2. So I think I have to
> modify the eaptls_ack_handler() to handle the Finished message. But how can I know
> if the client has already authenticated itself (i.e. it has a certificate)? Maybe I
> should also modify some of the callback function? Thanks for any help.

I don't think that's exactly true.  If you're using the TTLS EAP-Type,
then you have to stick with that and not short-circuit if the client
sends a certificate during the first phase.  Once phase 1 has completed
in TTLS, and the server has authenticated itself, it goes into Phase 2.
Phase 2 is handled as a totally new EAP conversation embedded in the
TLS-secured context of the first phase.  It is in this phase where the
client can then choose to either send a certificate or to use one of the
other available EAP methods.  IOW, if the EAP-Type is TTLS, then there
has to be two phases regardless of whether the client authentication is
also performed with certificates.

--

--Mike