I have two production freeradius 0.8.1 boxes running under redhat 7. We've
decided to upgrade the freeradius servers to new hardware and redhat 8.

I downloaded fr 0.8.1 to the new machines, did a ./configure
--with-snmp=no --with-threads=yes --prefix=(some directory on the
machine), then a make, then a make install.  (all as root)

Then I copied over my existing config files (clients.conf, and users...
pretty simple config, eh??) to the new machine, and started up radiusd. It
runs and authenticates, but for some reason on the new machine it will
only launch _one_ thread when run as a daemon.

I HAVE to be missing something simple here, but for the life of me I can't
figure out what it is.  Configure doesn't complain about any missing
thread libraries, and running with full debug ( -X ), I don't see anything
enlightening.

Any ideas?  I'm stumped, but it sure feels like I missed something simple!

Thanks!

Vincent Giovannone
Network Infrastructure Group
Information Services Division
Rush - Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center

"Dereferencing the .NET pointer reveals its value to be NULL."
    -- TheRegister.co.uk

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html