This means the 'experimental module' cannot be configured without
the user specifically going to that directory and changing the execution
permission bit, right?

Is the '--with-experimental-modules' flag working in the 'configure' script
or not?

In my previous posting, I found that if this flag was used, the build
process did not
produce all the necessary loadable modules.
I know 'rlm_sqlcounter' is an experimental module but is it usable or not?

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html