I am having the same problem installing --with-experimental-modules for version 0.9.0. Has this been fixed, or is there a workaround?

Ed

This means the 'experimental module' cannot be configured without
the user specifically going to that directory and changing the execution
permission bit, right?

Is the '--with-experimental-modules' flag working in the 'configure' script
or not?

In my previous posting, I found that if this flag was used, the build
process did not
produce all the necessary loadable modules.
I know 'rlm_sqlcounter' is an experimental module but is it usable or not?