think about it yourself,

-easy data manipulation,
-reload of freeradius is not needed
-nice web interface dialup_admin
-you can make your own web interface with php easily with sql connectivity.

These are what I can think of at the moment. I also think it would be faster than using users file and freeradius would use less memory since it doesnt load the whole users file to memory (I think it loads it?!)
if you have many users for example. SQL is also designed for quick data retrieval so if you plan to have many users than it would give better performance when the server needs to find one user.

Perhaps you should also ask to yourself, what is the disadvantage?

Evren

Patrick wrote:

hi,

im a freeradius newbie but i was wondering if there are any major advantages
to running freeradius on an sql auth system or not ? other than of course
the obvious stuff like being able to replicate the tables etc...

Thanks