Hello
Do not forget fastuser
The fastusers works fats... And can fit a lot of users into the memory...
And if I remember correctly, uses hash.
And do not forget the radius task is almost a read-only task -= in a
normal environment you can not compare an amount of auth requests with an
amount of request to change a password... It's funny to hear - but users
want to be able to change their password! So what? they will sit and click
in broweser/etc to change their password so fast as cisco/whatever sends
requests for authentication? I guess user will much often need to be
authenticated, then to be able to change his passwd. IMHO. From what I
have seen.

 On 10:24pm, Peter Nixon wrote:

> On Tue August 5 2003 06:37, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> > Well, if that is such a big problem then you can do a memory disk and
> > store your db files in memory disk. That would then definetely work
> > better than freeradius itself. How much are the memory prices now anyhow.
>
> You could. This again uses more memory, which was one of the things you said
> you save by using a DB. You can't have it both ways.
>
> > About the operating system stuff, the load of exchanging few messages in
> > memory can not be so overwhelming compared to an inefficient search of a
> > few hundred thousands of users from a text database even when its in
> > memory already.
>
> What is so inefficient about the search algorithm used by FreeRadius. (I have
> not looked currently) If is IS slow, then once again, we can simply use the
> "efficient" algorithm from MySQL instead of the one currently in use.

Gregory G. V.
or previous employers.

According Isham Research's Devil's IT Dictionary mainframe is:
"an obsolete device still used by thousands of obsolete companies
serving billions of obsolete customers and making huge obsolete profits
for their obsolete shareholders.
And this year's run twice as fast as last year's."

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html