From: Michael Komitee
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 1:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: users file not using multiple directives

thanks for the direction, after reading that i see a bunch of mistakes, but it hasnt
actually fixed the problem. i see that my operators were wrong... everywhere.

now the user:

bob Auth-Type := System, Huntgroup-Name == "dnsservers"

with the hunt group

dnsservers NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.10.254

authenticates user bob from anywhere, regardless of whether the NAS-IP-Address is
192.168.10.254. My understanding from the users man page (5) is that this will:

Auth-Type := System             changes the Auth-Type to be System from anything that
it was previously set to, if there was no previously declared Auth-Type, it creates
the attribute and sets it.

Huntgroup-Name == "dnsservers"  only matches if the requesting packet includes
information that matches all criteria from the dnsservers huntgroup.

NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.10.254        matches only if the ip of the NAS is
192.168.10.254...

--thats what i think it all means, thats what the man page implies, thats what the
docs i've seen on huntgroups implies, but as i stated, it's authenticating from any
NAS, not just the aforementioned IP.