From: Mohsen Chirara
Sent: Thursday, 28 August 2003 7:40 PM

> Hi, I installed freeradius version 9. pre-1 (just before the
> version 9 was released) on a debian system.

> Everything is working fine except for the deallocation on rlm-ippool.

> The problem is after a day or 2, no more IP address are available,
> at first, freeradius deallocates IP addresses then it stops
> deallocating for some reason.

Try using ippooltool (available on the 'net, you'll need to stop
FreeRADIUS to use it though) to see if your ippool has been
shrinking. If so, grab the latest CVS snapshot, and see if that
fixed the problem. (If you want to be safer, just grab rlm_ippool.c
from the latest CVS snapshot. It can just drop into place)

If the ippool's shrunk, rather than just having a whole bunch of
addresses that haven't been marked inactive, then the newer
rlm_ippool.c _should_ fix it.

Basically, this might be a known bug, and we're trying to find
people who're sufferring it to test our solution before we
release 0.9.1.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a one line proof...if we start
sufficiently far to the left.
        -- Cambridge University Math Department