Fascinating, but I can't see off hand how to make that work with
people's computers and MSN Messenger... Unless I make all our customers
have SIM cards. And that leads to the problems described here:
http://www.intel.com/update/contents/wi08031.htm

Alternatively, I could modify FreeRADAIUS to let me auth with H1
strings ("MD5(usrename:realm:password)" I think) rather than just
plain MD5... I wonder if "encryption_scheme = HA1" make sense...

Of course, this would be easier to decide if my boss had an
actual use for SIP... I will prolly end up authenticating
off a different group of people than our dial-in customers, and
doing it directly with calls to the mySQL backend, and just use
FreeRADIUS for accounting. Or I start to muck about with Auth-Type
and hints and whatnot. Which is tempting if I move to LDAP for
authentication... Man, more reading to do. :-(

Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a one line proof...if we start
sufficiently far to the left.
        -- Cambridge University Math Department