Hello all,

I searched the archives and read the FAQ regarding this issue.  There
error message I am getting is:

rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver mysql: file not found
rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path
of your system's ld.
radiusd.conf[504]: sql: Module instantiation failed.

When I ran the configure the first time without pointing it to the
mysql libs, I got an error.  So I added the --with-mysql-include-dir
and --with-mysql-lib-dir as instructed.  Configured fine (at least with
regards to mysql; postgres and company gave error, but I don't use them).
I did get some warnings during the make like this for rlm_mysql:

warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

I tried the LD_CONFIG_PATH, modifying ld.so.conf, and --disable-shared
with same results.  I have mysql client, devel, and shared installed
via rpm (version 4.0.15).  I downgraded to 3.23 and the only change was
that I didn't get the pointer target type warning during the make.

The rlm_sql_mysql.so file is created and an ldd on it shows it is linked
properly to libmysqlclient.so.

Not sure where to go from here.

Redhat 9, FreeRADIUS 0.9.1, MySQL 3.23.56 and 4.0.15

I am installing in non-standard location using --prefix=PATH and the
radius.conf file has this as prefix= so I don't think this should be
an issue.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

--
Dennis Skinner