Dave Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For an EAP authentication, the authorize block modcall calls
> eap_authorize, which returns "updated."  However, rlm_sql runs and
> searches the database for the EAP user, which isnt there.  Everything
> works, but the database hit is unnecessary.  Is there something I can do
> to prevent that?

  The database hit is usually necessary, in order to discover what
username/password to use.  The control flow goes like:

  rlm_eap discovers EAP in the request, marks it as "Auth-Type EAP"

  rlm_sql discovers user "bob" has password "bob", and adds the password
  to the config items for the request

  rlm_eap authenticates user "bob", using password "bob", to do
EAP-MD5, etc.

  If you don't need the database hit, see
'doc/configurable_failover'.  Have the SQL module run only if EAP
returns "noop"

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html