>   NAS ======> FreeRadius(Proxy) ===========> Other Radius Server
> (PAP)                 (PAP) <===>(CHAP)                       (CHAP)
>
> My ProxyServer receives Auth-Request(PAP) from the NAS and proxy it to otherRadius
> Server.
> The otherRadius Server supports only CHAP, but the NAS uses PAP.
> I hope thatFreeRadius(Proxy) could convert (PAP) to (CHAP).
>  Might it work and How to setupthe freeradiusd ?

I dont know if freeRadius supports this (its a pretty weird
scenario), but this is actually doable: the other way, ie from
CHAP to PAP is not.

The way it would work is: you extract the password from
User-Password, create a random CHAP-challenge, generate the
corresponding CHAP-Password(using the password you extracted) and
send those attributes instead of User-Password in the Access-
Request. You could try playing around with the code that deals
with proxying in freeRadius.

BTW just curious: why does the server only support CHAP and not
PAP? If it does CHAP, it has access to the users password and
PAP should actually be easier for it.

Puneet