We've setup a few hotspots all with static IPs and everything works perfectly.

However we've had requests regarding using dynamic IPs (ADSL lines) and dynamic DNS.

Has anyone tackled this problem and have recommendations as to what could be done.

My initial thoughts were to develop a server process on the machine hosting the RADIUS server that could HUP freeradius and cause the conf files to be re-loaded. The client would then prod this process to HUP RADIUS server when dynamic DNS is reset i.e. every time the client reconnects to the ISP.

Its somewhat of a heavy handed approach but it would do as a short term solution.

The only other approach I could think of was to modify freeradius by retaining the domain name when loading clients.conf (in "int read_clients_file(const char *file)" - maybe it already does and I've just misread it) and effectively do a re-lookup of the Ip address for domain-named cients. Again a lot of potential problems with this approach i.e. DoS type attacks.

<DIV>
<P><A href="http://www.zurowski.btinternet.co.uk";>John Zurowski</A></P>